رسائل متبادلة بين المؤلف والمترجم



On 10/12/11, you wrote:
Dear Professor William Domhoff

This is Dr. Mazin S. Motabagani, Associate professor Orientalistics
(Western Scholarship of Islam) at King Saud University (formerly). I
came across you masterpiece titled "Who rules America?" It was a
great reading. So I ventured to translate it into Arabic. I should
put the final touches in the next few days before I look for a
publisher here in Saudi Arabia or Lebanon. I would like to enquire
about the rights or you kind permission.

Thank you
Mazin S. Motabagani

عزيزي البروفيسور وليام دومهوف
 يكتب إليكم الدكتور مازن مطبقاني الأستاذ المشارك في الاستشراق (الدراسات الغربية حول الإسلام) في جامعة الملك سعود (سابقاً). وجدت مقالتك الرائعة "من يحكم أمريكا"  وكانت مادة عظيمة للقراءة، ولذلك غامرت بترجمتها إلى العربية. وسأضع اللمسات الأخيرة عليها خلال أيام متطلعاً أن أجد ناشراً هنا أو في لبنان. أرغب في الاستفسار عن الحقوق  أو إذنك بذلك
شكراً
مازن مطبقاني

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:38:49 -0700
 To: mazen_mutabagani@hotmail.com
From: G. William Domhoff
 Subject: Re: request for permission

 Dear Dr. Motabagani,

 I am pleased and honored that you would take the time to translate my
 book into Arabic. I would gladly give you permission to publish it,
 but it is the big corporation of McGraw-Hill, not me, that controls
 such matters, after buying the small company that published my book
 originally.

 The person I deal with at McGraw-Hill, a senior editor in sociology,
 is Gina Boedeker, and her email is Gina_Boedeker@mcgraw-hill.com. I
 suggest that you write to her to find out how to get permission. My
 general assumption is that they are glad to have translations,
 because there is one in Chinese.

 Also, what McGraw-Hill is willing to do may depend on what edition of
 the book you translated. It first appeared in 1967, then 1983, and
 then 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010. So you might mention that
 information to Boedeker when you write her.

 I hope very much that McGraw-Hill is reasonable about permitting a
 translation, and I wish you the very best in finding a publisher in
 Saudi Arabia or Lebanon.

 Please let me know if there is further information I can provide. I
 would be grateful to know how it works out.

 Thanks again for your note and for taking the time to do a
 translation, and best wishes,

 G. William (Bill) Domhoff
 __________________________________

وترجمة الخطاب كما يأتي
عزيزي الدكتور مطبقاني
سررت وتشرفت أنك ستبذل الوقت لترجمة كتابي إلى العربية. لو كان الأمر بيدي لسمحت لك بكل سرور أن تترجم الكتاب ولكنها المؤسسة الكبيرة المعروفة بـ ماقروهل McGraw-Hill التي تتحكم في مثل هذه الأمور بعد أن اشتروا الشركة الصغيرة التي نشت كتابي.


تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

تلخيص كتاب منهج البحث التاريخي للدكتور د. حسن عثمان

الكلمات النورانية: وتحمل الكل

الإسلام وتعلم اللغات الأجنبية